Chopped Meat Pilaf
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Cinnamon sticks||2 , broken up|
|Fresh ginger root piece||1 Inch, chopped|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Beef/Lamb of the same quantity and form||1 Pound, chopped|
|Long grain rice||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Plain yoghurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In a large saucepan, heat oil over moderate-low heat.
2) When hot, add the onions, cinnamon, ginger, chili powder, and turmeric and cook until the onions brown, mixing once in a while.
3) Into the pan, add the meat and cook, stirring many a times for about 10 minutes.
4) To the pan, now add 2 1/2 cups water and allow to boil.
5) Mix rice well and add the yoghurt, lower the heat to minimum, and cook, mixing once a while for 15 minutes, until the rice is just cooked through.
6) Remove the shell and quarter the eggs and arrange them around the pilaf before serving.