Yellow Rice Pilaf
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), pressed (Large One)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cardamom seeds||6 (Whole Ones)|
|Ground allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground turmeric||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Long grain brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boiling water||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Pistachio nuts/Roasted cashew nuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1) Attach a metal blade to the work bowl and then pulse onion on/off until chopped medium-fine, after cutting it into 1-inch pieces.
2) In a frying pan or dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid, over medium heat, heat oil and then sautÃ© onions in it for 3-5 minutes until transparent.
3) Mix in garlic, pepper, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, allspice and turmeric and sautÃ© them for 1-2 minutes.
4) Stir in rice until coated with spices.
5) Bring the mixture to a boil after pouring in water.
6) Lower heat and then simmer the mixture, covered for 30 minutes.
7) Uncover and then add in salt, raisins, sugar and nuts.
8) Again cover and cook the mixture for 10-15 minutes until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
9) Discard whole spices and serve hot at once.