Millet Vegetable Pilaf
|Carrots||16 Ounce, peeled (2 Large Sized, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Celery stalks||12 Ounce, trimmed (Use 3 Medium Sized)|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, halved and seeded|
|Vegetable bouillon cubes||3|
|Boiling water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Millet||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), pressed|
1) Attach a metal blade to the work bowl of a food processor and then cut onion in it into 1-inch pieces.
2) Pulse onion on/off until chopped medium-fine.
3) Attach slicing disc to the work bowl and fit carrots in it after cutting in half vertically.
4) Quarter each half to make 8 long strips.
5) Slice these strips after cutting them to fit feed tube vertically.
6) Slice celery after cutting them to fit feed tube vertically.
7) Cut each green pepper half into four and then slice them after wedging into feed tube vertically.
8) Take a frying pan or skillet with a tight-fitting lid and heat oil in it over medium heat.
9) SautÃ© onions in it.
10) Mix in rest of the vegetables and sautÃ© them until tender-crisp.
11) Place lid on pan to steam vegetables for more rapid cooking.
12) Stir in millet until just coated with oil. Ensure not to brown.
13) Allow bouillon cubes to dissolve in water and stir in along with garlic.
14) Allow the mixture to come to a boil and then lower heat.
15) Simmer the mixture, covered for 40-45 minutes until millet grains are soft, puffed and liquid is absorbed.
16) Serve at once.