Gourmet Lamb Pilaf
|Lean lamb shoulder||1 1⁄2 Pound, cubed|
|Coriander seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Wheat pilaf||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (From A 12 Ounce Package)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
1) Heat oven hot to 350Â°c.
2) In a medium-size frying pan brown lamb cubes, a third at a time.
3) Mound mixture into a 6-cup baking dish.
4) Add coriander, cumin seeds, and pepper.
5) In frying pan, heat drippings and sautÃ© onion until golden.
6) Add wheat pilaf, celery, salt, and water. Boil the contents.
7) Pour it over meat mixture and toss lightly to mix; cover.
8) Bake in oven for 1 hour until lamb is tender and liquid is absorbed.
9) Garnish with parsley before serving.