|Regular||2 Cup (32 tbs), uncooked|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Instant chicken broth/2 teaspoons granulated chicken bouillon||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs) (Hot)|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a large skillet, saute the rice in oil, stirring often until golden-brown, then remove and keep aside.
2) In the same skillet, saute the onion in the remaining oil, until soft.
3) Then stir in the rice alongwith the chicken broth, salt, hot water and raisins.
4) Bring to a boil, then simmer covered on a low heat for 35 minutes, or until the rice is tender and almost dry.
5) Serve immmediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 609 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.2%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1092.3 mg45.5%
Total Carbohydrates 110 g36.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.7%
Sugars 19.9 g
Protein 9 g18%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C 20.3%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet