Zucchini Stuffed With Rice Pilaf
|Courgettes||2 Pound (225 Gram, 1/2 Pound Each)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Green chili||1 , sliced|
|Pepper red||To Taste, diced|
|Pepper red||1 , seeded and diced|
|Long grain brown rice||5 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Water||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Yeast extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Stuffed olives||6 , sliced|
|Hard cheese||2 Ounce, grated (50 Gram)|
|Olive oil||4 Fluid Ounce|
|Olive oil||4 Fluid Ounce (For Baking, 120 Milliliter)|
1. Wash the courgettes (zucchini)
2. Do not peel, but dry and cut them in half lengthwise
3. Scoop out most of the pulp with a knife or a Parisienne cutter.
4. Leave a little of the shell behind to retain a firm shape during the cooking process
5. Retain the pulp and seeds and set aside till needed
6. In a large saucepan, tip in the oil and heat gently
7. Add the onion, garlic, chilli, and pepper and cook for 4 minutes without browning
8. Add the pulp of the courgettes (zucchini) to the mix and cook gently
9. Add the rice to the mix.
10. Stir in the spices and the seasonings to the rice
11. Stir in the yeast extract, water, tomato puree, and olives
12. Cook the rice mixture for 40-50 minutes or till the rice is tender and the water is absorbed
13. Fill the courgette (zucchini) cavities with the rice mixture.
14. In a shallow, buttered earthenware dish, place the filled courgettes with a little oil.
15. Sprinkle with cheese.
16. Bake the courgettes (zucchini) for 20 minutes at 400°F/200°C (Gas Mark 6).
17. Serve hot with sauce or sour cream