|Long grain rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Large, finely chopped|
|Stock||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Rich)|
|Thyme||1 (To Season)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Wash the rice in cold water. Thoroughly drain and transfer over paper towel to dry.
3) In a saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter.
4) Sauté onion in hot butter until it turns light golden.
5) Add the rice and stir well to cook the rice to take on color.
6) Pour in hot stock by seasoning with 1 pinch thyme, salt and pepper.
7) Place the lid on saucepan and place inside oven to cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the rice is tender. Add little more stock, if required.
8) Serve hot by adding a scoop of butter on top.