Curried Lamb With Golden Pilaf
|For curried lamb:|
|Lamb meat||4 Pound, cut into 1-inch pieces (Use A Combination Of Neck And Shoulder Meat)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Peeled cored chopped cooking apple||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Curry powder||5 Teaspoon|
|For golden pilaf|
|Regular rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), uncooked|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Instant chicken broth/2 teaspoons granulated chicken bouillon||2 Teaspoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Hot water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a medium saucepan, boil the lamb pieces in water, then simmer covered on a low heat for 30 minutes.
2) In a 2-cup measure, strain the broth (1 1/2 cups) and reserve.
3) In a large skillet, cover and brown batches of lamb pieces in oil , then remove with a slotted spoon and keep aside.
4) In the skillet drippings, saute the apple and celery, until soft. Then blend in the curry powder and cook for 1 minute.
5) Stir in the reserved lamb broth and salt, bring to a boil, then simmer covered on a low heat for 10 minutes.
6) Mash with a wooden spoon until smooth, then stir in the lamb pieces and simmer covered for 1 hour or until the lamb pieces are tender.
7) Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the rice in oil, stirring often until golden-brown, then remove and keep aside.
8) In the same skillet, saute the onion in the remaining oil, until soft.
9) Then stir in the rice alongwith the chicken broth, salt, hot water and raisins.
10) Bring to a boil, then simmer covered on a low heat for 35 minutes, or until the rice is tender and almost dry.
11) Spoon Curried lamb over the Golden pilaf in individual serving plates and serve immediately .
Calories 1582 Calories from Fat 727
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 81 g124.6%
Saturated Fat 33.5 g167.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 299.3 mg99.8%
Sodium 1326.7 mg55.3%
Total Carbohydrates 118 g39.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.4%
Sugars 27.2 g
Protein 93 g185.1%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 21.2%
Calcium 16.9% Iron 62.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet