|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Fennel seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dark raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Long grain white rice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dry roasted sunflower seeds||2 Tablespoon|
1) Take a saucepan and place it over medium-high heat. Melt butter in it.
2) Put in fennel seeds and let them sizzle for about 30 seconds. Shake the pan continuously.
3) Now, add raisins and toss them so that they are coated with butter. Put in rice and 1/2 teaspoon of salt, if desired.
4) Lower the pan heat to medium-low and stir fry the rice for about 30 seconds, until coated with butter. Don't allow the rice to brown.
5) Pour in about 1 1/2 cups of water and stir well. Raise the heat to high and boil the rice once.
6) Lower heat to medium, partially cover the pan and simmer the rice for about 8 to 10 minutes or till most of the water is absorbed. Once done, stir the rice once and tightly cover the pan.
7) Further, lower the pan heat and allow the rice to cook for additional 10 minutes, until done. Take the pan off the heat and let pilaf rest in covered pan for 5 minutes.
8) Garnish Pilaf with roasted sunflower seeds and transfer to 4 dinner plates and serve hot.