|Chopped cooked chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs), skinned|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄4 Pound|
|Long grain rice||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||3 3⁄4 Cup (60 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1) Skin onions and garlic and finely chop them.
2) Trim mushrooms and finely slice.
3) Preheat oven to 350°F.
4) Skin, seed, and roughly chop the tomatoes.
5) In a large flameproof casserole melt butter and sauté onion and garlic till soft.
6) Mix rice and sauté, stirring continuously till rice is transparent.
7) Gradually add chicken stock over the rice.
8) Add mushroom to rice with a pinch of saffron.
9) Sprinkle salt and freshly ground pepper.
10) Boil the mixture and stir before covering the casserole.
11) Place the rice in the center of the oven and cook for 40 minutes.
12) Mix chicken and tomatoes into the rice and place in the oven.
13) Cook at the same temperature for about 20 minutes longer till liquid is absorbed.
14) Add a little more chicken stock if required as the pilaf should be slightly moist.
15) Serve immediately with a plain tossed green salad.