Cracked Wheat Pilaf
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Cracked wheat||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
1) Place a heavy bottomed saucepan over high heat and melt butter in it.
2) Stir in cracked wheat and toss gently so that it is coated with butter. Cook for about a minute until wheat is toasted.
3) Now, pour the chicken stock and lower the pan heat. Cover the pan and let the mixture cook for about 35-40 minutes, until cracked wheat is soft, but little firm to bite in.
4) Adjust seasonings as per taste.
5) Transfer Pilaf to the serving platter and serve immediately..
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1302 Calories from Fat 330
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.7%
Saturated Fat 18.6 g93.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 89.7 mg29.9%
Sodium 1631.3 mg68%
Total Carbohydrates 204 g68%
Dietary Fiber 42.1 g168.5%
Sugars 14.2 g
Protein 50 g99.3%
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 3.1%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 42.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet