Cracked Wheat Pilaf
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Cracked wheat||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
1) Place a heavy bottomed saucepan over high heat and melt butter in it.
2) Stir in cracked wheat and toss gently so that it is coated with butter. Cook for about a minute until wheat is toasted.
3) Now, pour the chicken stock and lower the pan heat. Cover the pan and let the mixture cook for about 35-40 minutes, until cracked wheat is soft, but little firm to bite in.
4) Adjust seasonings as per taste.
5) Transfer Pilaf to the serving platter and serve immediately..