Rice pilaf is originally an Italian dish. But similar dishes are made in different cuisines with similar names like pulau in India, Osh Pulov in Jewish cuisine. The ingredients and seasonings keep changing as per the personal choice. It makes a perfect party dish or even for a lunch or weeknight meal. Combine rice pilaf with meat and gravies and enjoy.
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1. Heat butter and saute onions until translucent.
2. Add thyme, basil leaves, black pepper, granulated garlic, Sit it well.
3. Add rice and stir.
4. Transfer it into a baking dish.
5. Mix water and chicken base and pour it over rice.
6. Cover it with plastic wrap and then with foil.
7. Cook for 30 minutes at 350 F.
8. Stir and serve.
This video is a creation of acookinchef. You can visit acookinchef for complete recipes, and more videos.
A rice is something that goes well with meat gravies or curries. This Italian version of the rice is tender and aromatic and easy to make. Chef David does a good job of making this simple dish! See the video for more!