|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Chicken broth/Teaspoons instant chicken broth||3 Tablespoon|
|Regular rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground mace||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Bring water with broth to boiling in a kettle; stir in rice; cover. Cook 20 minutes, or just until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
2. Spoon into large, shallow, pan; cool, then chill overnight, for rice should be very dry, with each grain separate, before frying. (This should be done a day ahead.)
3. When ready to finish dish, saute onion in 2 tablespoons of the oil till soft in a large skillet; remove with a slotted spoon and place in a kettle. Add 2 more tablespoons of the vegetable oil to pan.
4. Fluff rice with a fork to separate grains; stir one-third into pan. Saute, stirring gently several times, until golden; remove and place in kettle. Repeat with remaining rice, half at a time, and oil; return all rice mixture to pan.
5. Stir in salt, mace and pecans; cover. Heat slowly 8 minutes, or until hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3918 Calories from Fat 1696
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 196 g302.2%
Saturated Fat 22.6 g113%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3061.2 mg127.6%
Total Carbohydrates 490 g163.2%
Dietary Fiber 23.7 g94.9%
Sugars 18.6 g
Protein 54 g107.5%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 41%
Calcium 31.2% Iron 45.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet