|Cauliflower head||2 , cored|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Pine nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Basmati rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Low sodium chicken broth||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Dried currants||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|Smoked spanish paprika||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Pimenton De La Vera)|
1. Preheat the oven to 425° Separate 1 head of cauliflower into 2-inch florets and the other into 1-inch florets. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the 1-inch florets with 3 tablespoons of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast the cauliflower for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden in spots and tender.
2. Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the 2-inch cauliflower florets and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
3. Spread the pine nuts in a pie plate and toast until golden, about 5 minutes.
4. In a large, deep skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened and just beginning to brown, about 10 minutes. Add the turmeric and rice and stir to coat. Stir in the chicken broth and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil. Cover tightly and cook over low heat until the broth is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
5. Transfer the rice to a large bowl. Fold in the roasted cauliflower, toasted pine nuts, currants and cilantro. Spoon the rice into a 2 1/2- to 3-quart soufflé dish and press lightly on the top. Arrange the boiled cauliflower florets on top.
6. In a small bowl, combine the melted butter and paprika. Brush half of the butter mixture over the cauliflower and bake for about 15 minutes, until heated through.
7. Preheat the broiler. Brush the cauliflower with the remaining butter and broil about 6 inches from the heat until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3030 Calories from Fat 1273
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 144 g221.8%
Saturated Fat 32.3 g161.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.8 mg32.3%
Sodium 1020.3 mg42.5%
Total Carbohydrates 385 g128.3%
Dietary Fiber 50.9 g203.5%
Sugars 87.4 g
Protein 75 g149.6%
Vitamin A 43% Vitamin C 1103%
Calcium 56.4% Iron 101.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet