|Bulgur wheat||1 Cup (16 tbs), rinsed in cool water and drained (Cracked Wheat)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Approximately)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Vegetable broth/Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Homemade)|
|Dried sage||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried summer savory||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. Put the bulghur and 2 cups water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover tightly, and simmer for 40 minutes, or until tender, adding more water during cooking if necessary.
2. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
3. Spread the bulghur out on baking sheets and dry in the oven.
4. Bulghur can be left whole for a chewy product or cracked by passing through a coffee mill. Store in a closed container in the refrigerator.
5. Melt the butter in a heavy casserole and add 1 cup of the dried bulghur and the onion. Saute for 5 minutes.
6. Add the broth, salt, savory, and parsley. Cover tightly and simmer over low heat until the liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes.