Lobster Thermidor With Pilaf
|Regular long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Bouillon cubes||2 (Or Envelopes, Chicken Flavor)|
|Frozen rock lobster tails||24 Ounce, thawed (4 Pieces, 6 Ounce Each)|
|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, sliced|
|Condensed cream of mushroom soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
1. In 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, in 2 tablespoons hot butter or margarine, cook rice until golden, stirring frequently. Add water and bouillon; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, preheat broiler if manufacturer directs. With kitchen shears, cut away thin underside shell of each lobster tail. Insert small skewer lengthwise through meat to prevent curling while broiling.
3. Place tails, shell side up, on rack in broiling pan. Broil 5 minutes; turn lobster tails and broil 6 minutes longer. Cool until easy to handle. Remove skewers. Remove meat from shells; reserve shells. Cut meat into 1/4-inch slices.
4. In 4-quart saucepan over medium heat, in 3 tablespoons hot butter or margarine, cook mushrooms until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in undiluted mushroom soup, milk, and sherry. Add lobster meat; cook just until heated, stirring occasionally.
5. Fill reserved lobster shells with lobster mixture. In small saucepan over low heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter or margarine; stir in bread crumbs until mixed. Sprinkle crumbs over lobster mixture. Place stuffed lobster tails on rack in broiling pan; broil until mixture is hot and bread crumbs are golden.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1890 Calories from Fat 301
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g51.8%
Saturated Fat 11.1 g55.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 531.7 mg177.2%
Sodium 4594 mg191.4%
Total Carbohydrates 224 g74.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.9%
Sugars 13.4 g
Protein 166 g331.7%
Vitamin A 9.1% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 21.7% Iron 27.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet