Cottage Pie (Shepherd's Pie) is a very simple dish, which is a full meal in a casserole pan. Shepherd's Pie is actually made with Lamb, whereas this is made with beef. This wonderful dish can be made with leftovers, although all the fresh ingredients are used here.
8 Ounce (1 Package Steam And Mash)
2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 , sliced
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1) In a pan, cook the ground beef on a medium-high heat until brown.
2) In a bowl, remove the steam and mash potatoes, add milk and mash them together.
3) At the bottom of the casserole pan, spoon a layer of the potatoes.
4) In a small pan, boil the peas for 6 minutes and carrots for 4 minutes together, drain and spread over the potatoes.
5) Drain the beef, and spread evenly into the pan. Then cover with a layer of potatoes and sprinkle over the cheese on top.
6) Place in the preheated oven at 350 Degree F for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
Chef Merlin presents a traditional Irish comfort food recipe that is not only good for your health, but appeasing to your taste buds too. This stick-to-your-ribs dish that combines ground beef, mashed potatoes, milk, peas, sauce and yummy spices promises a rich, satisfying bite in every spoon. Reward yourself to this yummy treat and enjoy the goodness of both health and taste.