Green Apple Pie
|Sour cream||1 Tablespoon|
|White flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granny smith apples||4|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Mix ingredients 1-4 with hands (and love!) into a fist-size lump of good ol’ sour cream dough.
2. Wrap it in a plastic bag and put it in the fridge.
3. Slice the apples into cubes. REMOVE THE CORE AND SKIN.
Then perform EITHER steps 4-5 OR steps 6-7
Steps 4-5 will yield very finely shredded pieces, kind of like a slush. I prefer this one!
Steps 6-7 will yield a completely mashed mixture, with a density of mashed potatoes.
4. Chop up the pieces into pulp in a motorized grinder.
5. Thoroughly mix sugar with all the apple pulp. Amount of sugar depends on your sweetness preferences. The amount of mixture is the amount of filling you put in the pie.
6. Add sugar to the apple cubes and microwave the whole lot. You don’t need to microwave them all at once as the amount may be quite large, so be reasonable :)
7. Beat the microwaved apples with a cocktail fruit beater to turn it into a homogeneous mash. Beat them in 500 mL portions at a time. The amount of mixture is the amount of filling you put in the pie.
8. Take the dough out of the fridge and split it into two pieces of ratio 1:3. Roll both of them into flat round sheets.
9. Rub some Canola oil into the baking dish and place the bigger dough sheet into it. Its edges should rise above the edges of the dish. Bend them outwards
10. Dump the filling into the baking dish, right onto the middle of the dough sheet.
11. Place the smaller dough sheet into the middle, right over the filling.
12. Seal the pie by squeezing together the edges of the bigger and smaller dough sheets all around the baking dish.
13. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
14. Switch the oven to 350 degreed Fahrenheit and bake the pie for 35-45 minutes.
In the end
Thin yellow crust on the outside, hot steaming apples on the inside. Do not make the crust brown!
For detailed instructions and useful tips please visit: Chef Made Easy
This video is a creation of Miktemk. You can visit chefmadeeasy for complete recipes, and more videos.