1. In a bowl, add and combine together flour with salt and vegetable shortening. Using a pastry cutter, cut the vegetable shortening into the flour until it looks crumbled.
2. In another bowl, add and combine egg with vinegar and ice water. Mix well and add it to the flour mixture. Stir until well combined into a dough.
3. Divide the dough in half and wrap them in plastic wrap. Refrigerate the dough for 15 minutes.
4. After 15 minutes, place the dough on a floured board and roll it out into a flat base to fill a pie dish.
5. Once done place it in the pie dish and cover the edges.
6. Use this pie crust to make apple pies or any other pies of choice.