Guilt-Free Pumpkin Pie
|Nonfat graham cracker crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Applesauce/Mashed banana / prune puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned pumpkin puree||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Evaporated skim milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), firmly packed|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1 Pinch|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine graham cracker crumbs, honey, and applesauce, mashed banana, or prune puree. Pat into a 9-inch pie pan.
3. Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
4. When crust is cool, mix pumpkin, milk, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and egg whites in a bowl.
5. Transfer pie filling to crumb crust. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees or until a wooden pick inserted in center of the pie comes out clean. Cut into 8 pieces.