Lemon Chiffon Pie
|Short crust pastry||115 Gram, around 4 oz|
|Strong gelatin||11 Gram, one packet|
|Powdered sugar||6 Tablespoon, approximate measure|
|Cornflour||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon, around two heaped teaspoon|
|Lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Roll out the pastry dough on a lightly floured board to fit a 175 mm. or 200 mm. (7" or 8") diameter pie dish.
2. Place the pastry in an ungreased pie dish of this size. Prick with a fork all over.
3. Bake in a hot oven at 450Â°F. for 10 to 12 minutes.
4. Cool the pastry shell.
5. Mix the gelatine thoroughly in 1 teacup of warm water.
6. Add the lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of sugar.
7. Heat in a double boiler until the sugar and gelatine dissolve.
8. Mix the cornflour in 2 tablespoons of cold water and add to the gelatine solution.
9. Separate the eggs.
10. Beat the egg-yolks and add gradually to the gelatine mixture. Cook until the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
11. Add the lemon rind and cool the mixture.
12. Beat the egg-whites stiffly, add the remaining sugar and mix well.
13. Gently fold into the gelatine mixture.
14. Pour the mixture into the pastry shell.
15. Chill thoroughly and decorate with fresh cream.
Cut into slices and serve cold.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 823 Calories from Fat 206
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.1%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g40.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 635.5 mg211.8%
Sodium 260.3 mg10.8%
Total Carbohydrates 124 g41.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.38 g1.5%
Sugars 93.8 g
Protein 30 g60.3%
Vitamin A 15.2% Vitamin C 5.4%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 16.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet