|Short crust pastry||225 Gram|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk/Beaten egg||1 Tablespoon, for glazing|
|Vanilla ice cream/Fresh cream||2 Tablespoon, for serving|
1. Mix the lemon juice and 1/2 teacup of water.
2. Peel, core and slice the apples and add the lemon juice and water.
3. Add the sugar and cook until pulpy and all the water evaporates.
4. Add the cinnamon powder and mix well.
5. Divide the pastry dough into two parts.
6. Roll out one part on a lightly floured board to fit a 175 mm. or 200 mm. (7" or 8") diameter pie dish.
7. Place it in an ungreased pie dish of this size. Prick with a fork all over.
8. Bake in a hot oven at 450Â°F. for about 6 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and fill up with the prepared apple stew.
10. Roll out the remaining dough to fit the top of the pie. Put it over the pie and seal the edges by pressing with a fork.
11. Make a few slits on the top with a sharp knife for the steam to escape.
12. Brush with a little milk or beaten egg for the glaze.
13. Bake in a hot oven at 450Â°F. for 10 to 15 minutes.
14. Cool the pie and cut into slices.
Serve with vanilla ice-cream or fresh cream.