|Onions||2 , diced|
|Spinach||2 Pound, washed and chopped|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cumin powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon, divided|
1. Preheat the oven at 520 degrees F. Grease the baking pan and keep aside.
2. For filling – In a small bowl take onion, salt, black pepper, sumac, cumin powder and olive oil. Mix well.
3. In a large bowl take spinach and mix onion mixture. Add in the lemon juice mix well and keep aside.
4. For dough – In a large bowl take wheat flour, white flour, yeast, salt, baking powder and sugar.
5. Add in the water gradually and form dough.
6. Pour in the olive oil over the dough. Cover the dough and let it sit for 60 minutes.
7. Make small balls with the dough. Place the dough into a plate and spread with hands.
8. Place the spinach filling into the spread dough, fold it and make triangles.
9. Place the uncooked pie in the greased baking pan. Bake in oven for 15 minutes at 520 degrees F.
10. Serve Spinach Pies with tea or coffee and enjoy!