Creamy Chocolate And Banana Pie
|For the pate sucree (sweet crust):|
|Butter||125 Gram, room temperature|
|Confectioner's sugar||60 Gram|
|Cake flour/Flour||200 Gram|
|Almonds||50 Gram, ground|
|Baking soda||1 Pinch|
|For the chocolate filling:|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla bean||1⁄4 Medium|
|Egg yolks||3 Medium|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Bittersweet chocolate||200 Gram (At least 60% bitter)|
|Milk chocolate||100 Gram|
|Bananas||5 Medium, slice|
|For the chocolate glaze:|
|Bittersweet chocolate||55 Gram|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. For the pate sucree (sweet crust): Add the butter and confectionary sugar into the mixer and blend until yellow.
3. Add the egg and combine.
4. Add cake flour and baking powder and mix by hand to avoid developing the gluten in the flour.
5. Next, add the ground almonds and mix.
6. Wrap the dough in parchment paper and refrigerate for about 20 minutes until hard.
7. Take the dough out of the refrigerator and lightly flour it.
8. Beat it gently with a rolling pin and roll it out.
9. Roll around the rolling pin and onto the pie container.
10. Trim out the excess dough and press the sides of the dough onto the pie container.
11. Using a fork, pork tiny holes to the bottom of the pie crust.
12. Put the pie container back into the refrigerator for a couple of minutes to harden the dough again.
13. Remove from frige and add parchment paper and some grains of rice over to weigh the pie down.
14. Bake at 350 Fahrenheit for 40 minutes.
15. Once the sides become brown, you'll have to remove the parchment paper and grains to ensure the bottom bakes properly.
16. For the chocolate filling: In a pot, add the heavy cream and vanilla bean and bring to boil. Turn off and put lid on.
17. In a seperate bowl, add egg yolks and sugar and whisk until pale yellow.
18. Remove the vanilla bean from the pot and bring the mix to a boil again.
19. Next, add a little of the hot mix into the egg yolks mix and temper.
20. Pour the egg mix back into the pot and mix continuously on low heat. Ensure the eggs don't get too hot.
21. Let the pot be for 2 minutes and turn it off. At this point, the mix would have thickened.
22. Add the dark and milk chocolate to a bowl.
23. Pour the creme mix into the chocolate bowl and let it sit 5-7 minutes for the chocolate to melt.
24. Add butter and mix until combined well.
25. In a bowl, add the bananas and rum and toss well.
26. Lay the bananas on the bottom of the baked crust.
27. Next, evenly distribute the chocolate filling over the bananas.
28. For the chocolate glaze: In a bowl, add the bittersweet chocolate and heavy cream and microwave for 30 seconds.
29. Let the bowl sit for a minute and then stir to combine.
30. Add honey and water and stir well.
31. Pour the chocolate glaze over the chocolate filling and tilt the pan around to spread it. Don't use a spoon else the glaze spoil.
32. Cut out slices, plate and serve as dessert.