|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (deep frying)|
|For the dough|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dry yeast||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For the filling|
|Canned tuna fish||12 Ounce (or any fish of choice)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Chilli||1 Small, chopped finely (Optional)|
|Egg yolk||1 Medium|
1. In a bowl add salt, sugar and yeast to the flour and mix well.
2. Put the egg and mix all together. Put a few drops of water while you are mixing.
3. Add the oil and knead the dough for few minutes or until it is smooth and elastic. Cover the dough with a towel or an aluminium foil and let it rise for 30 minutes.
4. FOR THE FILLING: Remove the oil from the tuna can and heat that oil.
5. Add the onion and garlic to it and stir fry until the onion are tender.
6. Add the fish and the tomato paste, a little bit of salt and a tablespoon of water.
7. Cook this for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it cool down for few minutes.
8. Cut the dough and use your rolling pin to flatten the dough.
9. Put the fish mixture in the middle and brush the end with the egg yolk. Close it and seal the edges with a folk.
10. This can be baked for 30 minutes or deep fried.
11. FOR DEEP FRYING: In a deep frying pan, heat the oil on medium high heat and fry the pies until done around 15 minutes each.
12. In a serving platter, serve it as a snack with any dip or as a light meal with a side dish of your choice.
Calories 765 Calories from Fat 449
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g77.9%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 114.5 mg38.2%
Sodium 667 mg27.8%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 33 g65.9%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 14.1%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 22.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet