Mixed Berry Plum Crisp
|Berry||1 1⁄2 Pound (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)|
|Plum||2 Pound, pitted and cut into ½“ thick wedges|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (use less if fruit is really sweet)|
|Mint||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Regular salt||1 Pinch|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange peel||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Butter||8 Ounce, softened|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (walnuts and pecans)|
1. Put rack in middle of oven and preheat to 425° F.
2. Butter a 9” pie dish.
3. In a large bowl combine sugar and cornstarch, whisk until combined.
4. Add in mint, plums and berries and gently fold with a rubber spatula until completely combined.
5. To make topping, whisk together flour, oats, sugars, salt, orange zest and cinnamon until thoroughly combined. Cut butter into ½” pieces and work in with hands or creamer until combined and crumbly. Stir in nuts.
6. Place fruits mixture in greased baking pan and bake in oven for 15 minutes, until bubbly around the edges and lightly softened.
7. Spoon topping onto fruit and place dish onto sheet pan (to catch juices) and place in oven and bake until brown and bubbly and crisp about 40 minutes.
8. Serve Mixed berry Plum Crisp with fresh whipped cream or ice cream, or serve as is!
Calories 1409 Calories from Fat 521
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.4%
Saturated Fat 31.1 g155.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121.9 mg40.6%
Sodium 138.3 mg5.8%
Total Carbohydrates 219 g73%
Dietary Fiber 16.1 g64.4%
Sugars 157.4 g
Protein 14 g27.7%
Vitamin A 51.8% Vitamin C 99.7%
Calcium 13% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet