Watch the video and learn how make this simple and super easy apple pie!
6 Cup (96 tbs), thinly sliced (pared tart cooking apples)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 , beaten (for egg wash)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Farenheit.
2. Make the pie dough before and refrigerate or use store bought pie dough.
3. In a large bowl, add sliced apple, flour, cinnamon, and sugar. Break apples with finger and mix well.
4. On working board, sprinkle flour liberally, and place dough on it. Roll it lightly lifting upwards into a circle. Sprinkle flour when required while rolling. The size of your circle depends on the size of your pan.
5. Flip pie pan on dough, and trim dough edge.
6. Gently lift the dough, and place it on the pie pan. Cut extra hanging dough as shown in the video.
7. Fill the crust with apple slices. Dot with margarine. Set it aside.
8. Now, roll out top layer with the remaining dough. Fold the dough into quarter. With knife cut diagonal slashes on dough.
9. Slowly lift the layer and place it on the pie pan. Open it and slowly push the edge towards the centre. Trim off the excess dough.
10. Fold top crust over, and roll it under to seal the juices inside the pie.
11. With your fingers gently press the edge.
12. For decorative edge, crimp dough as shown in the video.
13. Brush the top with egg wash.
14. Place pie pan in oven, and bake for about 20 minutes.
15. Reduce the heat to 375 degree, and continue baking until apples are tender, and the crust is light golden brown.
16. On wire rack, allow pie to cool.
17. Serve apple pie with vanilla ice cream.
You may sprinkle lime juice on apple slices to prevent it from browning.
Sprinkle sugar crystals on the top before baking, if desired.
Cover pie with foil to avoid too much browning.