Seven Layer Impossible Taco Pie
|Ground chicken||1 Pound (For Taco Pie)|
|Onion||1 Medium, diced (For Taco Pie)|
|Can black beans||1 (rinsed and drained - For Taco Pie)|
|Salsa||9 Tablespoon (1 tbsp. for For Garnishing and remaining for Taco Pie)|
|Taco seasoning||2 Tablespoon (gluten free - For Taco Pie)|
|Bisquick||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (For Taco Pie)|
|Eggs||3 (For Taco Pie)|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (For Taco Pie)|
|Low fat cheddar||5 Tablespoon, grated (1 tbsp. for For Garnishing and remaining for Taco Pie)|
|Olives||1 Tablespoon, chopped (For Garnishing)|
|Scallions||1 Tablespoon (For Garnishing)|
|Tomatoes||1 Tablespoon, dice (For Garnishing)|
|Parsley/Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped (For Garnishing)|
|Greek yogurt/Sour cream||1 Tablespoon (For Garnishing)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Grease a 10-inch deep dish pie plate.
3. In a medium skillet over medium high heat, crumble and brown the ground chicken with the onions.
4. Add the salsa, beans and taco seasoning then stir to combine. Allow it to cook for a minute.
5. Spread the meat mixture into the bottom of the pie plate.
6. Whisk the milk, eggs and Bisquick together until smooth. Pour the batter over the meat mixture.
7. Bake it for 30 minutes then remove it from the oven, sprinkle on the grated cheese and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
8. Allow the pie to cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
9. Make layers with olives, scallions, tomatoes, parsley, cheddar cheese, salsa and Greek yogurt over taco pie and serve.
If you are following a gluten free diet, be sure to use gluten free Bisquick in the recipe. Also check the taco seasoning mix to insure that there’s no gluten containing ingredients in the mix.