Best Ever Pumpkin Pie
|Squash/Canned pumpkin||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Dark brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Coarse salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Heavy ceam||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree.
2. On oven proof pie bowl, lay pie crust, and keep it aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine squash or pumpkin, brown sugar, coarse salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground ginger. Mix it well.
4. Insert eggs and whisk to incorporate.
5. Then, pour milk, and heavy cream. Mix to combine.
6. Pour pumpkin mixture over pie crust in oven proof bowl. Place it in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
7. Then, reduce the temperature of oven to 325 degree, and bake for about an hour or until it is golden brown, and little soft in the middle.
8. Allow pie to cool on wire rack.
9. Serve pumpkin pie immediately with vanilla ice-cream.
Continue baking until the custard is set. Normally baking time for shallow pie is 35-40 minutes, whereas deep dish pie takes 60 minutes.
Calories 113 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.7%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 165.7 mg55.2%
Sodium 288.5 mg12%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.2%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 8 g15.9%
Vitamin A 8.2% Vitamin C 21.3%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet