2 , split lengthwise, thinly sliced (white part only)
Compliments organic carrot
2 , dice
1 Pound, bite size pieces (3, boneless, skinless)
All purpose flour
1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
Compliments chicken broth
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (35% less sodium)
2 Tablespoon (2 sprigs, leaves only)
Compliments phyllo pastry sheet
3 , thawed
1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2. In a bowl, place chicken pieces, season it with salt ,and keep it aside.
3. Take a heavy bottom pot and place it on medium high heat. Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil in it.
4. Throw mushroom pieces and sauté for about 7 minutes or until the water evaporates, and the mushroom starts to brown.
5. Put leek in pot and cook for 5-7 minutes or until they soften. Insert carrot pieces, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add chicken and cook for another 7-10 minutes, stirring until they are lightly cooked on all sides.
7. Sprinkle flour and stir until flour turns beige or light brown. Add green beans, broth, and thyme. Bring it to simmer and cook for about 10 minutes or until it comes to gravy like consistency. Remove the pot from heat and set it aside.
8. In the meanwhile, take a phyllo sheet and grease it with olive oil. Place the sheet loosely over the pot. Tuck the edges underneath so that it covers the filling completely.
9. Repeat the process with the other 2 phyllo sheets.
10. Season with pepper and place the pot in oven. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the phyllo sheets are golden brown, and the filling underneath is bubbling.
11. Serve chicken pot pie hot with thyme garnish.