Chicken Pot Pie
|Readymade pie crust||500 Gram, softened as directed|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Celery||2 Medium (stalk)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Potatoes||2 Large, chopped|
|Frozen mixed vegetables||3 Cup (48 tbs), thawed|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Shredded chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
1. Preheat oven at 425 degree.
2. Roll out the pie crust. Take a 9-inch glass pie plate, place it upside down on the crust and make a mark on it.
3. Slowly cut out each piece for the pie crust bottom.
4. Grease the pie plate with butter. Place pie crust at the bottom.
5. Use the leftover crust to cover the sides.
6. Roll out another piece of crust, and cut it in the same way for top, as done for the bottom. Keep it aside.
7. Take a skillet and melt butter over medium heat.
8. Add chopped onion and celery. Cook for 2 minutes or until it becomes tender.
9. Add potatoes to the skillet and mix well.
10. Stir in boiled vegetables, and then add seasonings to it.
11. Add shredded chicken. Stir well.
12. Push back the vegetables to one side of the skillet. On the other empty side put some butter.
13. Stir in all purpose flour. Cook for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly.
14. Pour some milk and stir it well. You may add some more milk if the gravy is hard.
15. Add chicken stock to the skillet. Keep stirring until the sauce thickens.
16. Mix the vegetable and chicken mixture, to the white creamy sauce. Take the skillet off the heat.
17. Fill the pie plate with the creamy chicken mixture.
18. Cover it with another piece of crust. Pinch the crust lightly, and make them stick to each other.
19. Put three to four slits on top of the crust, allowing the steam to come out.
20. Place the pie plate in oven and allow it to bake for 30-40 minutes.
21. Take it out from the oven and allow it to cool.
22. Serve Chicken pot pie with hot with a salad on the side.
Remember that a little warm pie crust is easier to roll.