This is my last SD video - from now HD videos all the way! Please pardon the hole in my top crust. There was a big chunk of butter where it was. I didn't work in the butter quite enough when I made the pie dough. Still tasted great though! Hope you enjoy! Remember to visit www.TheAubergineChef.com to download this recipe for free, see more free how-to baking and pastry videos, and to read a blog full of helpful tips and fun anecdotes! Thank you for watching!
1 Pound, frozen, thawed
1 Dash (to taste)
Basic pie dough
2 Medium (pieces)
1 Large (for egg wash)
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Prepare a 9-inch pie plate with the basic pie dough and set aside.
3) In a bowl, whisk 2 ounces of water, 2 1/2 ounces granulated sugar, and all the cornstarch together.
4) In a pot, boil the remaining sugar, water, and nutmeg. Then pour in the entire cornstarch slurry mixture and continuously whisk. Cook the mixture for 1 to 3 minutes to make sure the cornstarch is fully cooked.
5) Remove from heat and add in a few drops of lemon juice and stir to mix.
6) Fold in the thawed blueberries being careful not to smash them as much as possible.
7) Allow the filling to completely cool. When cooled, pour the mixture into the pie shell and push all the way to edges.
8) Roll the second piece of pie dough out, cut 5 to 8 two inch slits around the middle, and cover the filling with it.(You can use a little bit of egg wash to help secure the edges). Peel off the excess dough and use a fork to crimp the edges of the dough.
9) Lightly egg wash the pie and stick the flower dough cut outs. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 to 30 minutes until pie dough is browned and the filling is bubbly.
10) Allow the Blueberry Pie to cool down, then slice into wedges and serve.