Step by step demonstration of making a delicious Shepherd's Pie
1 1⁄2 Pound
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Freshly chopped parsley
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
2. Peel the potatoes and cut in cubes and boil in salted water.
3. Peel and chop the onion and the carrot.
4. Place a sauce pan over heat and pour olive oil in it.
5. Add the ground beef and saute it.
6. When the meat is lightly browned throw in the chopped onions and continue to saute.
7. Season with freshly ground pepper and salt and the chopped fresh parsley.
8. Sprinkle in a few dashes of the worcestershire sauce before adding in the peas and the carrots.Saute for a couple of minutes more.
9. In a medium baking dish, empty the meat mixture.
10.In a mixing bowl, take the boiled potatoes and season with salt.
11.Add butter and milk to the potatoes and whip to a fine consistency.
12.Top the meat and vegetable mixture in the baking dish with the whipped potatoes.
13.Spread it around and level it and with the back of the fork score lines on the top.
14.Sprinkle in paprika and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
15. Sprinkle chopped parsley and serve warm.