6 Ounce, sweetened (about two cups loosely packed)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Semi sweet chocolate chips
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (or 175 degrees C) and grease a 10 inch deep dish pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. Place the pie dish onto a foil lined baking sheet in case anything spills over during baking.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, eggs, butter and vanilla until well combined.
3. Add the milk and Bisquick and continue whisking until well incorporated.
4. Stir in the coconut, chocolate chips, and almonds and carefully pour the batter into the prepared pie dish. The batter will come up almost to the top of the pan so be careful as you walk it over to the oven.
5. Bake it for 55 minutes to 1 hour then remove it from the oven and allow it to cool.
6. To garnish the pie, in a small microwave safe bowl combine the chocolate chips and heavy cream and microwave on high for 30 seconds then remove the bowl and stir the chocolate and cream together until very well combined and smooth. Drizzle the chocolate all over the top then scatter over the chopped almonds. The pie can be served at room temperature or chilled. If you’re following a gluten free diet be sure to use gluten free Bisquick in the recipe. Be sure that the nonstick spray and vanilla is gluten free as well.
Everyone will love the taste of coconut and chocolate. But this recipe is something unique. It combines the taste of classic Almond Joy candy bars into a pie. This version is a must have for the holidays for your children. Taste it to believe it.