Today's standard for shepherds pie here in Canada, although called cottage pie and Chinese pie by others.
This video features the song 'Ashes and Forgiveness' by my friend Dolores Dagenais
Please see video
1) Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Brown the beef in a pan.
3) Meanwhile dice one onion and peel and chop 4 medium size potatoes.
4) Take the diced potatoes into a pan and add 1/4 cup of milk, and salt. Mash the potatoes. Keep them aside.
5) Add onion to the beef and 1/3 cup of water.
6) Add 2 tablespoons of cornstarch to the beef mixture.
7) When the beef is cooked, transfer it to a bowl as a first layer. Then layer with 2/3 can of creamed corn. Then layer with mashed potatoes.
8) Sprinkle paprika and keep in the oven for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
Being a very traditional dish, shepherd's pie is quite easy and simple to make. This pie contains less amount of fat as it is made with lean beef. If you are interested in knowing the recipe, check out the video.