Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Cream Pie
|Graham cracker pie crust/Oreo cookie crust||200 Gram (1)|
|Whole milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Creamy peanut butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Corn starch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ripe banana||2 Large, slice|
|Whipping cream||500 Milliliter|
|Cream cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Philadelphia)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Icing sugar||4 Tablespoon|
|Semi sweet chocolate||3 Tablespoon, grated|
1. Place a sauce pan over medium low heat, pour 1 ¾ cup milk, corn syrup, and peanut butter in it. Stir and cook for 7 minutes, or until peanut butter melts, and bubbles form on the side of the pan. Turn off heat, and set aside.
2. In another bowl, combine ¼ cup milk with corn starch. Mix it well.
3. Put sugar and salt in it. Whisk until smooth.
4. Drop egg yolk, one at a time, and beat after every addition.
5. Slowly pour warm milk mixture into the bowl with egg. Whisk vigorously to temper the eggs. Whisk constantly to avoid egg from scrambling.
6. Pour the mixture back into the sauce pan. Place it over medium heat, stir and cook until it comes to the boil. Keep stirring and remove pan from heat when the mixture thickens.
7. Into the custard pie shell, pour half of the mixture. Spread evenly.
8. Layer banana slices on top. Pour the remaining custard mixture, and spread.
9. Top it with another layer of banana slices. Allow it to cool completely, and then pop it into refrigerator for a few hours.
10. For topping, place a stainless steel bowl in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
11. Bring cheese to room temperature, and then put it into a separate bowl.
12. Add vanilla, and icing sugar. Beat until smooth.
13. In the chilled stainless bowl, pour whipping cream. Whisk until soft peaks form.
14. Pour the cream cheese mixture in it. Mix to form stiff peaks.
15. Spoon mixture over chilled pie, and pop it back into the refrigerator for one hour.
16. Sprinkle semi sweet chocolate shaving on top and serve it chilled.
Calories 676 Calories from Fat 349
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.2%
Saturated Fat 20.2 g101.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 172.3 mg57.4%
Sodium 268.6 mg11.2%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g23.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.6%
Sugars 44.1 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A 5.2% Vitamin C 7.3%
Calcium 12.7% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet