Chicken Pot Pie
|Butter||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Half and half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Potatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked, chopped|
|Pie crusts||2 Medium|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large measuring cup, mix together chicken broth and half and half. Set aside.
3. In a pan, melt butter.
4. Add onions, celery, carrots and potatoes. Sauté for about 10 minutes.
5. Add flour and cook for an additional minute, stirring constantly.
6. Gradually stir in your chicken broth/half and half mixture.
7. Continue cooking and stirring until the mixture thickens.
8. Add salt and pepper and stir.
9. Add chicken and stir well.
10. Remove pan from heat.
11. Line a pie plate with a pie crust.
12. Pour in your mixture.
13. Top with another pie crust and seal the edges.
14. Cut slits into top crust.
15. Bake in oven for about 25 - 35 minutes or until the crust is nicely browned.
16. If while baking, the crust edge starts to get dark, cover with aluminum foil.
17. Serve hot pot pie with a salad on the side.
Recipe can easily be doubled. It is also great made with turkey.
Calories 1942 Calories from Fat 1019
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 114 g174.9%
Saturated Fat 46.6 g232.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 223.5 mg74.5%
Sodium 2085.6 mg86.9%
Total Carbohydrates 166 g55.3%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28.1%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 63 g125.2%
Vitamin A 128.1% Vitamin C 30.7%
Calcium 16.4% Iron 33.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet