Hey everyone - Caitlin again. This week’s recipe comes from my friend Michelle, who I have actually known since elementary school! She is a practicing vegetarian, and she gave me a ton of great recipes, so you might see her name pop up again! After Hilary and I finished this vlog and saved the pie for later, we thought it might be a good idea to chill the pie before eating it
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Baking unsweetened chocolate squares
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
9 inch unbaked pie shell
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. In double boiler, melt butter and chocolate over low heat.
3. Meanwhile, beat eggs until light.
4. Then beat Karo, sugar, salt and vanilla into eggs.
5. Add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and mix well.
6. Pour mixture into the unbaked pie shell
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
8. Serve the pie warm or chilled and topped with ice-cream or warm chocolate sauce if you like.