Turkey Tourtiere Bundles
|Lean ground turkey||1 Pound|
|Turkey sausages||6 Pound (12 Turkey Sausage, 1/2 Pound Each)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Granny smith apple||1 Medium, peeled, cored, diced|
|Garlic cloves||3 Medium, minced|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs) (No Salt Added)|
|Potatoes||3 Medium, boiled, mashed|
|Philadelphia cream cheese light||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Chive And Onion Flavor)|
|Phyllo pastry sheets||10|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
2. Brown the ground turkey and turkey sausage over medium high heat in a nonstick Dutch oven that has been prepared with cooking spray.
3. When turkey is cooked through, add the apple, onion, and spices and stir well.
4. Pour the chicken broth over all, turn to high, and bring to the boil.
5. Turn heat to medium and let the turkey mixture continue to boil until the liquid is almost completely evaporated.
6. Stir in the mashed potatoes and the cream cheese and set aside to cool.
7. Lay 1 phyllo sheet on a work surface (keep remaining phyllo covered with a damp towel).
8. Lightly brush sheet with melted butter.
9. Top with 1 sheet, brush with butter.
10. Repeat with remaining 3 sheets, leaving top unbuttered.
11. Cut phyllo stack into 6, 5 1/2 by 6 inch pieces.
12. Nestle each into a cup of a standard muffin pan.
13. Spoon 2 tbsp of the tourtiere mixture into each.
14. Fold top over envelope style bringing the corners to the centre and brush with butter to seal.
15. The tourtieres bundles can be frozen at this point for up to one month or covered and refrigerated until ready to bake.
16. Bake in a pre-heated 375 oven for 14-16 minutes.
17. If baking from frozen, add 2 minutes to the cooking time.
18. Take out and serve hot.
Calories 673 Calories from Fat 290
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.9%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.6%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 254.6 mg84.9%
Sodium 1976.4 mg82.3%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 63 g126.4%
Vitamin A 9.3% Vitamin C 32%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 26.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet