Homemade Pecan Pie
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg yolk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ice water||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon, cut into pieces|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. To make the crust, in bowl of food processor take flour, salt and sugar and pulse to combine.
3. Add butter to food processor and pulse until pea sized crumbs form.
4. Add egg yolk and water and pulse just until in holds together when squeezed.
5. Turn dough out onto plastic wrap, wrap, shape into ball and refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. Roll out crust and place in 9 inch pie plate.
7. To make the filling, in a mixing bowl beat eggs until light and foamy.
8. Add sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and vinegar and beat until combined.
9. Stir in pecans.
10. Pour filling into unbaked crust.
11. Dot top of pie with pieces of butter.
12. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until center of pie "jiggles" when shaken.
13. Allow it to set and serve.
Calories 576 Calories from Fat 230
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g40.8%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 464.7 mg154.9%
Sodium 189.7 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 29.2 g
Protein 12 g23.8%
Vitamin A 13.5% Vitamin C 0.3%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 16.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet