According to my husband, this is the perfect chocolate cream pie. You start with a premade Oreo pie crust, and add a box of chocolate pie filling. What makes it special is the homemade whipped chocolate ganache. It is so good. The secret is to serve it cold. If the ganache sits out too long the topping gets soft and the texture is not as nice.
Chocolate Cream Pie is super easy to make, and it will not heat up your kitchen in the summer. Who can say no to a first rate dessert that only takes a few minutes to prepare? Enjoy.
1 (Oreo Pie Crust)
Instant chocolate pudding
3 9⁄10 Ounce (1 Large Box)
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (Or Amount Called For In The Directions On The Box Of Pudding For Pie Filling)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Chill mixing bowl with cream in freezer for several minutes (do not allow cream to freeze).
2. Make chocolate pudding according to the instructions on the box for pie filling and pour into crust
3. Melt chocolate chips in microwave.
4. Microwave in 20 second increments until chocolate is completely melted.
5. Let stand for 1 minute to cool.
6. Add chocolate to cream in mixing bowl and beat with hand (or stand) mixer until fluffy.
7. Top pie with ganache.
Try out this quick and easy version of Chocolate Cream Pie recipe. View this video for the details of this luscious chocolaty pie. It tastes as good as the store bought pie but it is economical and freshly made. How nice is that?