|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Maple syrup/Maple flavored syrup||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|9 inch unbaked pie shell||1|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed dark brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Dash|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (2/3 stick)|
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a small bowl, pour the maple syrup. Add vanilla and baking soda . Mix well.
3. Pour the mixture into pie shell.
4. In a bowl, blend remaining ingredients using your fingertips until mixture is crumbly.
5. Spread the mixture over surface.
6. Place the shells in preheated oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
7. On wire rack, allow it to cool.
8. Serve Sugar Pie.