New Orleans Style Pumpkin Pie
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned pumpkin||1 Pound (1 can)|
|Light molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (new Orleans style)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|10 inch unbaked pie shell||1 (with high fluted edge)|
|Whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In medium bowl, beat combining milk, sugar and eggs with rotary beater just to combine.
3. In another bowl, mix well combining pumpkin, molasses, melted butter, salt and spices.
4. Fold in custard mixture until well combined and turn into prepared pie shell.
5. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes until crust is golden and pumpkin mixture seems firm.
6. Let it cool slightly on wire rack.
7. Serve slightly warm or cold; pass whipped cream.
Calories 913 Calories from Fat 440
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.5%
Saturated Fat 26.3 g131.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 321.8 mg107.3%
Sodium 500.5 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 104 g34.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.7%
Sugars 61.8 g
Protein 13 g25.8%
Vitamin A 364% Vitamin C 8.3%
Calcium 31.3% Iron 28.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet