New Orleans Style Pumpkin Pie
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned pumpkin||1 Pound (1 can)|
|Light molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (new Orleans style)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|10 inch unbaked pie shell||1 (with high fluted edge)|
|Whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In medium bowl, beat combining milk, sugar and eggs with rotary beater just to combine.
3. In another bowl, mix well combining pumpkin, molasses, melted butter, salt and spices.
4. Fold in custard mixture until well combined and turn into prepared pie shell.
5. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes until crust is golden and pumpkin mixture seems firm.
6. Let it cool slightly on wire rack.
7. Serve slightly warm or cold; pass whipped cream.