Key Lime Pie With Condensed Milk
|Sweetened condensed milk||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Fresh lime juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|9 inch prebaked pie crust||1 (Shallow Dish, Store Bought)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lime||1 , sliced (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a mixing bowl, mix together the condensed milk, lime juice and egg yolks.
3) Beat 1 egg white till it is stiff.
4) Fold the egg into the mixture and turn it into the prebaked pie crust (if frozen, thaw first for a few minutes).
5) Beat the remaining 3 egg whites till they are stiff and standing in peaks.
6) Add the sugar gradually, along with the cream of tartar. Beat well.
7) Over the filling in the crust, to the inner edge, spread the meringue.
8) Bake the pie in the middle rack of the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, till the egg whites are golden brown in color.
9) Chill the baked pie.
10) Place the pie on a decorative serving plate and serve while still chilled. Makes an excellent dessert. Can be garnished with lime slices.