Lemon Candy Ice Cream Pie
|For the crust:|
|Graham cracker crumbs||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (Packaged)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|For the lemon candy ice cream:|
|Vanilla ice cream||2 Quart|
|Crushed lemon sour balls||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Yellow food colour||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) In a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Mix well using a fork.
2) Keep aside 1/3 cup of the above mixture.
3) Transfer the remaining breadcrumbs mixture into a 9-inch pie plate. Press down the mixture firmly to make a crust. Place the crust in the freezer till it firms up.
4) To make the lemon candy ice cream, soften 1 quart of the vanilla ice cream slightly.
5) Transfer it into a medium bowl. Add in the crushed lemon candy along with food colour.
6) Mix using a wooden spoon till the mixture is well combined and the ice cream evenly coloured.
7) Transfer this mixture onto the breadcrumbs crust, with a slight mound in the centre. Freeze the ice cream for about 1 hour till it firms up completely.
8) Add medium scoops of ice cream over the pie.
9) Sprinkle leftover crumb mixture over the pie. Cover and place back in the freezer for at least an hour.
10) To serve the Lemon Candy Ice Cream Pie, slice into individual wedges.