1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (add more by the tablespoon if the dough is too dry)
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt. Whisk until combined.
2. Cut in the butter and shortening until the mixture resembles large crumbs.
3. Add in cold water, stir gently just until combined.
4. Gently shape the dough into a flattened disc. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into two balls. Roll the dough out onto a floured surface.
6. Place into the pie plate. The crust is not ready for a filling.
7. Fill the crust with filling, bake and serve!
This easy pie crust recipe compliments many different types of pies. Nothing compliments a pie like an easy, scratch made pie crust that is buttery tasting, tender, golden, flaky and just down right GOOD! Watch and learn folks!