Fresh Berry Pie
|Pie crust mix||11 Ounce (1 package)|
|Fresh blackberries/Raspberries /blueberries||2 Pint (boxes)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1 Dash|
|Egg yolk||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 400F.
2) In a bowl, make the piecrust mix as instructed on package label.
3) Make a ball of piecrust mix, divide in two.
4) Lightly dust work surface with flour and roll out half of pastry into an 11 -inch round.
5) Line a 9-inch pie plate with the rolled pastry sheet.
6) Wrap in plastic film refrigerate with remaining pastry until ready to use.
7) In large bowl, place the berries and dredge with lemon juice.
8) In another bowl, mix together sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
9) Lightly fold the flour mixture with the berries and toss lightly to mix.
10) Transfer the berry mixture into pastry-lined pie plate, mounding in center.
11) Mark with butter.
12) Roll out remaining pastry into an 11-inch round.
13) Make few slits near center for steam to escape.
14) Place over the filling and flute the edge of top crust with bottom crust, press together to secure.
15) In a cup, beat the egg yolk with water.
16) Using a brush lightly apply the yolk mixture over top crust.
17) Bake in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until juices start to ooze through steam vents and crust is golden-brown.
18) Allow to cool on wire rack at least 1 hour.
19) Loosen the edges with a small knife and carefully invert the pie over a plate and turn around to make the serving side up.
Calories 540 Calories from Fat 199
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.8%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 72.4 mg24.1%
Sodium 396.3 mg16.5%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.2%
Sugars 41.3 g
Protein 7 g14.4%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 58%
Calcium 9% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet