Microwave Cooked Rhubarb and Custard Pie
|9 inch pie shell||1 , microwaved|
|Rhubarb pieces||3 Cup (48 tbs) (fresh or frozen, defrosted, drained)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Combine flour, rhubarb, sugar and salt.
2) After blending them well, place the mixture in the center of the prepared pie shell.
3) Microwave the pie for about 6 minutes at high temperature (keep turning the pie during the process).
4) Spread the rhubarb mixture evenly in the pie center, from edge to edge and cool the pie for about 5 minutes.
5) Meanwhile, beat eggs with cream, sugar and nutmeg.
6) Microwave this mixture for about 1 to 2 minutes at medium temperature, till it feels lukewarm (stir once during this process).
7) Pour the egg mixture over the rhubarb and microwave for about 6 to 12 minutes on medium temperature, till the custard sets (turn the pie every 2 minutes).
8) Cool the rhubarb and custard pie and then serve.