Microwave Cooked Rhubarb and Custard Pie
|9 inch pie shell||1 , microwaved|
|Rhubarb pieces||3 Cup (48 tbs) (fresh or frozen, defrosted, drained)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Combine flour, rhubarb, sugar and salt.
2) After blending them well, place the mixture in the center of the prepared pie shell.
3) Microwave the pie for about 6 minutes at high temperature (keep turning the pie during the process).
4) Spread the rhubarb mixture evenly in the pie center, from edge to edge and cool the pie for about 5 minutes.
5) Meanwhile, beat eggs with cream, sugar and nutmeg.
6) Microwave this mixture for about 1 to 2 minutes at medium temperature, till it feels lukewarm (stir once during this process).
7) Pour the egg mixture over the rhubarb and microwave for about 6 to 12 minutes on medium temperature, till the custard sets (turn the pie every 2 minutes).
8) Cool the rhubarb and custard pie and then serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2441 Calories from Fat 665
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 73 g112.5%
Saturated Fat 30.1 g150.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 431.1 mg143.7%
Sodium 1798.8 mg75%
Total Carbohydrates 421 g140.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.6%
Sugars 223.9 g
Protein 28 g56.7%
Vitamin A 17.5% Vitamin C 24.1%
Calcium 48.6% Iron 33.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet