|Dark brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsifted flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|9 inch sweet shortcrust pastry shell||1|
|Light cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, cut into 1/4 -inch bits|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, preferably freshly grated|
1. Preheat the oven to 325°.
2. Sieve combining the brown sugar and flour and rub them directly into the pie shell with the back of a spoon.
3. Spread the mixture evenly and pat it flat with your fingers or the spoon.
4. Then stir the cream and vanilla together and dribble them slowly over the sugar-flour mixture.
5. Scatter the butter bits on top and sprinkle the pie with the nutmeg.
6. Bake in the middle of the oven for about 1 hour until the top is golden brown and feels firm when prodded gently with a finger and the top of the pie is lightly filmed with melted butter.
7. Let the pie cool to room temperature and then serve.