Coconut Custard Pie
|9 inch pie shell||1 , pre baked (purchased or homemade)|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Canned coconut||4 Ounce, shredded (1 can)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Coconut flavoring||1⁄4 Teaspoon (optional)|
|Confectioners' sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 350F.
2) Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate.
3) In a bowl, using a wire whisk, beat the eggs.
4) Beat in 1 cup cream, milk, 1 cup coconut, sugar, vanilla, coconut flavoring and salt, until well mixed.
5) Transfer the cream mixture pie plate.
6) Put the pie plate in a shallow pan stream cold water into the pan to about 1/2 inch around pie plate.
7) Bake in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
8) Take out the pan from water and allow the custard cool completely on wire rack.
9) Refrigerate the pie until well chilled for several hours or overnight.
10) Gently loosen the custard from pie plate by carefully running a small spatula around edge and shaking plate gently.
11) Put a plate just above rim of baked shell, gently slip custard into the pie shell.
12) In a bowl whip the remaining cream with confectioners' sugar until stiff.
13) Garnish the edge of pie with the whipped cream and dredge the cream with remaining coconut.